Ad

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

BBReview: "My Blood Approves" By Amanda Hocking and Question of the Moment 18

*Question of the Moment 18 is at the bottom*

Genre: Young Adult -Paranormal/Fantasy
Publishing Date: March 17th, 2010
Page Count: 261
Source: Bought from Amazon
Format: E-Book


Description from Amazon:
Seventeen-year-old Alice Bonham's life feels out of control after she meets Jack. With his fondness for pink Chuck Taylors and New Wave hits aside, Jack's unlike anyone she's ever met. Then she meets his brother, Peter. His eyes pierce through her, and she can barely breathe when he's around. Even though he can't stand the sight of her, she's drawn to him. But falling for two very different guys isn't even the worst of her problems. Jack and Peter are vampires, and Alice finds herself caught between love and her own blood...

Review:
I must warn you that if you didn't like 'Twilight' By Stephanie Meyer, then you probably won't like this novel either. I loved 'Twilight' so i enjoyed this book. The reason i mention 'Twilight' is because a lot of what happened in the book happened in 'Twilight' as well. It was very odd, to be honest. A lot of the time i kept saying " hmm...that happened in Twilight, and that too, and Edward said that". Once you get to the second half it becomes it own novel. It is really good and there are teams you could be on, Team Peter or Team Jack. Im Team Jack.

It was a good novel and i enjoyed reading it and it definitely kept me reading even with the resemblences to one of my favorite novels. I never wanted to stop reading and once it turns into its own story it really hooked me. I would have finished it much sooner, but i had to sleep before i passed out. I really don't know what else to say about it, because i feel like i've already read this book with so many similarities to the other novel, but i did enjoy it. I just wish it didn't seem like such a copy to me.

Overall:
I enjoyed this novel, i wanted to keep reading and find out what happens between the two main characters, but i found a lot of similarities between it and Twilight that i dont have anything original or specific to say about this novel. If you liked Twilight then you'll like this novel, if not then you'll probably not like this. I hope that the rest of series becomes more original, and its own, and less like Twilight.

Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 4/5



--------------------------------------------------

Question of the Moment 18


If your heart told you that you loved one guy, but your blood told you that another guy was for you and your life might depend on being with this guy, then who would you choose? You're heart, or your blood?

I would choose my heart. Even if i did feel attracted to my bloods guy and my life depended on it, my heart is with someone else. Its not fair to anyone if your head is in it, but not your heart. Besides if your heart is in it then that means you have fallen for that guy for the right reason's. You love his personality and his company. Heart trumps blood, hands down.

So what do you trust? Your heart or your blood? Let me know in the comments below =]