Ad

Thursday, August 11, 2011

BBReview: "Beastly" By Alex Flinn and Question of the Moment 29

*Question of the Moment is at the bottom*

Genre: Young Adult -Paranormal
Publishing Date: October 2nd, 2007
Page Count: 304
Source: Borrowed from local library
Format: Paperback


Description from Goodreads:
I am a beast.
A beast!
Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright. I am a monster.
You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll, stay this way forever ruined unless I can break the spell.
Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly...beastly.


Review:
I don't think there are enough words to describe how much i loved this novel. It was so perfect, especially when i've been in a book slump from those terrible Twilight parodies i read. After those i thought i was under a bad book curse where i'd never love another novel again, but Beastly broke the curse.
It was such a nice tale. Beauty and the Beast is my FAVORITE disney movie and so reading from the beasts point of view was really nice. Even though i hated how Kyle acted in the beginning, it just made it easier to understand why the witch changed him. Usually you feel bad for the beast when you watch the Disney movie, but now you understand why he needed to be changed. I had so many emotions through this novel; disgust, happiness, laughter, sadness, and love. This was just a very beautiful novel. I honestly don't know what else i can say about this novel, besides that i LOVED it. It literally took my breath away.


Overall:
I dont think i could love this novel more. I am definitely going to read Alex's "A Kiss In Time" now, because of this novel. It was such a perfect modern-day fairy tale. I LOVED it. Thats all i can say, because it took my breath away. 


Rating:♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥5/5


-----------------------------------------------------------------------


Question of the Moment 29


What was the last novel you read that you loved so much it just took your breath away?


Mine would obviously be Beastly. I was so scared i wasn't going to like it, because i thought it would ruin how much i loved Beauty and The Beast, the Disney movie. I am so happy that it just made me love it more. I really wanna watch the movie, Beastly, with Vanessa Hudgens in it now. 


So what book swooned you recently? Let me know in the comments below =]